Pre-K Class Options
- Monday and Wednesday: 8:45 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 8:45 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Teacher/Student Ratio of 1:4
What we do in the Two-Year Old program
Our two-year-old program gives our youngest students a welcoming, loving, and secure environment for their first preschool experience. The teachers are warm and caring and help parents smooth the child’s transition from home to school. A routine is maintained each day, so preschoolers know what to expect and can learn the sequence of activities for washing hands, snack time, and outside play.
Developmentally appropriate activities and equipment are available for self-directed play. Children are encouraged to explore, create and use their imaginations with a variety of materials, such as: finger paints, easel painting, crayons and markers, play dough, water or sand play, kitchen area, babies, trucks and cars, blocks, Legos and other building toys, and a wide variety of manipulatives. The teacher interacts with the children during their play to promote socialization and model language and conflict resolution.
Some themes explored in the two-year-old class may include, but are not limited to:
- Getting to know the classroom and each other
- Weather, seasons, and holidays
- Families and friends
- Things that go
- Dinosaurs, animals, and insects.
- Bible story themes, such as Noah and the ark or Jonah and the whale (one week each month)
- Daily story time with picture books, songs, and finger plays
Click here to register your pre-k child. We look forward to welcoming your family to Wee Folk School!